Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hi everybody,

I've just recieved the email, reproduced below, from Simon Spillett. I just thought we all might like to know of his good news.

And of course its good news for us, because this star will be appearing for us again very soon.

TTFN

Geoff C

Hi Geoff,

I will be the guest at HSC on July 5th and Fifield on July 8th.

Further news:

The BBC Jazz Awards concert will take place at the Mermaid Theatre in London on Thursday July 12th.

I will be playing an arrangement (from the repertoire of the Tubby Hayes big band) with the BBC Big Band.

The concert will be broadcast in its entirety on BBC Radio 2 on Monday July 16th.


I have a busy July coming up, with the Wigan Jazz Festival, the Birmingham International Jazz Festival and the Woodville Records Festival at the Pizza Express in Dean Street, Soho.

I will also be working with one of my heroes, Danny Moss, on Danny's forthcoming UK tour.

My CD ("Introducing Simon Spillett") has now sold out! We're planning a limited run repress and I am recording a new album shortly featuring previously unrecorded music by Tubby Hayes.

Finally, I have some autumn concerts with my new band, featuring Vic Ash, Tommy Whittle and/or Bobby Wellins.

Cheers

Simon

P.S. I've just finished two nights at Ronnie Scott's too!

No comments: