Monday, July 15, 2013

Apres Swanage

My last blog heading was “Summer”, and my goodness isn’t it just!

I will try and write a more complete account of my Swanage Jazz Festival musical experiences, but as it is still VERY hot in Dorset, I will for now show some of the pictures I took of the musicians.

It was such a change form last year. We have swapped trench foot for sunstroke!! 

But it was definitely great jazz on a hot summer weekend. Too hot for many, the marquee’s were rarely full, and I’m sure we will be hearing soon from the "Prevention of Cruelty to Musicians Society" as some of them must have been incredibly hot. It was good to see liberal distribution of bottled water for each player at each gig. As I said, comment about each set I heard later, but enjoy the photos.


The Really Flying Fingers of Leon Greening


 Adam King Back on Form


American Baritone Saxophonist Frank Basile


A Very Necessary Liquid


Leader of a New Youth Movement, Clarke Tracy


A Rising Star, Pianist Reuben James


Tony Kofi, in Church


Osian Robert. I wonder who he reminds YOU of?

Hedsor Jazz will have Clive and his merry men as usual on Thursday, and rushing towards us is August 8th and a very special evening of jazz for my 75th birthday. I'll be selling tickets from next week onwards.

Enjoy your jazz, wherever you are this rather warm week!

Geoff 

No comments: