Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Hedsor Jazz 21st November 2017

A sad day to blog, but I feel it only fitting.

I think we gave Clive a good send off yesterday. As I have said more than once, he will be greatly missed. Thank you to all who came to say your goodbyes. There must have been around 200 of you; there really was no room for all in the crematorium chapel.

The wake in the Caversham Working Men’s Club was a joyful affair, just as the event in the chapel had been a dignified one. Much music and conversation. So many familiar faces, and, as usual, not enough time to say hello to everyone. I was particularly pleased that 2 members of the management of The Hedsor Social Club came to pay their respects. I assured them that it was indeed our plan to carry on in to 2018, they had not been sure that we would. We can only do that through your continuing support.

You can! As this Thursday our guest is reed player Kelvin Christiane, (yes he was at the wake)! I’m sorry for once I wont be able to be with you. It is another thing that is sad but true, but it is now a year since the funeral of Ken Rankine, and I am going to Portland to visit his sister Linda.

Below a few of the photos from Geoff Swaffield taken at Clive’s wake. Below that is a copy of Clive’s order of service.


And an advance notice, Thursday 30th November our guest will be guitarist Terry Hutchins.







No comments: